" Bridges Not Walls | Wonder Wash " " "

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Bridges Not Walls

A coalition of students and faculty of all backgrounds at UCSD helped put on this peace-promoting, spoken word event called The Writing's On the Wall in Spring of 2008. In the opening piece, Latin@, Jewish, Christian and Muslim students performed poems advocating peace and reconciliation. This right here is me performing my spoken word piece, one that aims to lift all people up regardless of race or religion. We need to come together, to build bridges instead of walls. The Writing's On the Wall Everywhere I go I see these walls around me From the Bay to Beirut to deep down in the Valley Big walls, stacked tall in towns, city, states and counties Jails, they yo schools, walls cant fail-you, They fail-proof, Poof, put up a wall and all your problems vamoose! But is that really true? And if its true, for who? For me, thats who! Hi my name is Bob, how do you do? You can call me Bob the Builder, Im a builder of walls We stack em up high, thats how they like em real tall. Thick steel walls for any reason at all So if you think you need one please give me a call Now Bob, they take him in when the situation demands To separate men and women into they respective lands Based on they skin, religion or political plans Thats when Bob comes in to lend a helping hand. Keep to your own kind, go back where you belong Thats the hidden message thats imbedded in a wall. Theyre practically perfect for any problem you need solved Bricks and barbed wire to make ya nation real strong! But we ...

dorm refrigerator children's fiction

0 comments: